Keeping kids entertained on long trips can be a real challenge. It’s not like they can get out their coloring books or favorite toys when you’re making your way through the airport, train stations, or on the way to your hotel.
So how are you meant to keep them entertained and stop the complaints during trips that involve long transits?
The answer lies in getting them the ideal luggage for your trip. Why settle for a boring old suitcase when you can opt for a kid’s suitcase scooter?!
Yes, you hear right! You can now buy scooters with a suitcase attached – the practical and fun solution for not only getting from A to B but having your kids carry their own luggage too!
Still quite a new innovation, there are not too many brands on the market as yet creating kiddie suitcase scooters, but let’s take a look at the market leaders and how they work in reality, plus all the things you should be mindful of taking a travel scooter with you.
We’ve narrowed down our selections to a list of the 4 best kids’ scooter suitcases. So let’s take a look at the best kids’ scooter suitcases for your children!
As participants in the Amazon Associates affiliate program, this page contains links that earn us a commission on qualifying purchases.
The Best Kids Suitcase Scooter: Kiddietotes Unicorn 3D Hardshell Ride On Suitcase Scooter for Kids
- Recommended for ages 4+
- Product Dimensions: 13.5” x 8” x 19.5” (weight 7.88 lbs)
First up is the Kiddietotes 3D Hardshell Ride-On Suitcase Scooter for Kids! This particular model comes in a range of great designs for your child to choose from – so fear not if unicorns aren’t your kid’s thing, there are also astronauts, fairies, pandas, and robots to choose from.
There are so many great features about this scooter suitcase that your child will absolutely love. We particularly liked how the suitcase was lightweight, which will make it easy for your child to move around as needed, plus the handlebar is extendable to 30.5″ which will work great as your child grows.
Another handy feature of this suitcase is that it has been TSA and IATA approved. So your child can bring it onto the plane with them as it is cabin-size compliant.
Recommended for ages 4+, the handlebar is extendable to 30.5″.
- Several designs – choose between the unicorn, alpine llama, panda, or snow fairy designs with more designs available
- Lightweight – designed for kids to carry, ride, or pull along
- Durable – made from waterproof plastic-free polyurethane that shouldn’t crack
- Approved for air travel – comes with approval from TSA and IATA and meets international and domestic flight requirements
- Fabric covering – some customers felt this could become damaged easily in transit
Also available at…
- Durable | Strong and thick exterior is water- and scratch-resistant so it won’t dent or scratch. Designed to deflect and absorb impact so it will last. A sturdy telescoping and adjustable aluminum...
- Made for Kids | Lightweight and easy for independent toddlers and children to ride, carry, or pull. Light-up LED wheels are smooth-rolling. Made from waterproof plastic-free polyurethane so they...
- Secure Packing | Travel trolley luggage is the perfect size to hold all their gear. Inside cross straps keep their contents secure and organized while traveling. Flexible and tear-proof interior...
- Functionality | Easy tilt steering with a leaning motion. Slip-proof standing deck to ensure safe scooting. Folds and locks in place. Converts into a conventional roller travel bag. Entertains your...
- Approved for Air Travel | TSA- and IATA-approved. Meets all domestic and international flight size requirements. Fits in cabin’s overhead bins on both small and large planes. 1-Year Limited Lifetime...
Highly Recommended Kids Scooter Suitcase: Zinc Flyte Unisex Scooter Suitcase
- Recommended from 4 to 8 years
- Product dimensions: 10.2″ x 13″ x 18.9″ (weight 6.6lbs)
Will your child love choosing their new scooter suitcase from a range of funky designs? Then the Zinc Flyte Unisex Scooter Suitcase is an excellent choice!
This scooter suitcase is available in a range of 6 great designs so that they can choose the best one for their preferences.
The Zinc Flyte scooter suitcase is wonderfully lightweight, which will make it easy for your child to carry, ride, or pull around as necessary.
Another handy feature of this scooter suitcase is that it has been cabin luggage approved. So your child can bring it with them right up until the last minute when it can then be stored in the overhead compartment for the duration of the flight.
- Several designs – choose between six cute designs to suit your child’s preferences
- Lightweight design – perfect for kids between the ages of 4 and 8
- Cabin luggage approved – your kids can bring the scooter suitcase onto the plane with them
- Small suitcase – best for younger kids rather than older kids
- Capacity – it only has a 25L capacity which is OK for carry-on but gives your child limited packing capacity on longer trips
Also available at…
- Ready to ride – No assembly required. No fuss
Also Try this Kids Scooter Suitcase: BATMAN M14658 Scooting Suitcase
- Suitable from 36 months to 6 years
- Product Dimensions: 55 x 35 x 30cm
Does your child love everything to do with the mysterious Batman? Then this BATMAN Scooting Suitcase is just the thing they need for their next adventure! This kids scooter suitcase features a slick Batman design any DC Comic fan will adore.
A great feature of this scooter suitcase is that it comes with an adjustable handlebar. So your child can easily adjust the handlebar to suit their height and make the suitcase easier to maneuver. You can pull or ride on with this suitcase.
You won’t have to worry about your child getting distressed at having to abandon their snazzy scooter suitcase at the luggage check-in. This Batman scooter suitcase is suitable for bringing it onto the plane!
- Batman-themed – ideal for kids who love the Batman franchise (also comes in Superman)
- Cabin size – the scooter suitcase can be brought into the cabin with you (check by airline – 55 x 35 x 30cm)
- Adjustable handlebar – you can easily adjust the height of the handlebar to suit your needs
- Pricey – one of the more expensive options
- Maneuverability – some parents report that it’s difficult to steer, you will need to be conscious of not over-packing the suitcase
Also available at…
- 3-in-1 scooter, carry case, trolley case
- Cabin size (dependent on airline) 55 x 35 x 30cm
- Scooter easily folds away and locks into place
- Adjustable handlebar height
- Carry handle
Best older Kids Scooter Suitcase: iubest Scooter Luggage for Kids
- Designed for older children
- Product Dimensions: 25 x 11.8 x 14.4 inches (weight 13.3lbs)
For the more practical and mature tween or teenager, this iubest Scooter Luggage for Kids is ideal. This scooter suitcase features a sleek design in black. It has a large carrying capacity compared with the previous products we’ve mentioned and weighs a little more.
What we really loved about this suitcase scooter is how super easy it is to use. You can easily fold the suitcase up or down to suit your needs and you can actually fit a decent amount of clothing and tools in the 50L capacity case without the scooter feeling unstable.
The iubest scooter suitcase has been designed to be as durable as possible, made with high-quality aluminum-magnesium alloy. So you can rest assured that it will last you for many years to come!
If you’re past the novelty luggage stage and after something durable, this is a worthy investment that will work for both kids luggage and transportation.
- Versatile – suitable for use in many different traveling scenarios, pull along and ride-on
- Adjustable – the handlebars will grow with your child extending the number of years of use
- Easy to use – scooter can easily be folded up or down to suit your needs
- Durable – excellent design made with high-quality materials to last you for many years to come
- Expensive – one of the pricier options on our list, definitely a longer-term investment over a novelty
- Colors – whilst the sleek black does look great, it lacks variety and may not appeal to all children who prefer bright and easy to identify colors
Also available at…
- ★Steerable and Separable: iubest scooter luggage suitcase can hold riders up to 331 lbs and suitable for adult, teens and children age 6-12 . Our scooter suitcase can help you save time on the way....
- ★Roomy: Capacity 50L & 5 compartments. The case body can organize your clothes, toys, and the mesk pocket for your books, laptop, and iPad. It is a good helper for your excursion, short busines trip...
- ★Durable: The frame of this scooter luggage is made of high-quality aluminum-magnesium alloy. strong and stable. Very hard wearing, fall resistant and durable, Will bear all the slight rubs or...
- ★Multi-Function: Designed for travel, school, business and all the situations that use suitcase or bag. Makes traveling with iubest scooter luggage so much more enjoyable!
- ★Easy Folding: Just push one button to control the scooter fold up and down. Combined suitcase with a scooter. Our scooter luggage is a real head turner for your travel and school.
Suitcase Scooters Buyer’s Guide
Finding the best kids’ scooter suitcase for your needs can be a really challenging endeavor. There are so many factors that you will need to consider! We’ve collated the below information to help make things even easier for you.
Let’s take a look at everything you need to know about kids’ scooter suitcases below or skip ahead to the frequently asked questions!
Suitcase Scooter Design
One of the most important factors for your child will of course be the design that you choose! It will be a good idea to let them choose for themselves which design they would prefer if there are several to choose from.
This can help your child to feel like the purchase is more of a personalized thing to them. They can then also choose a design that they would be more interested in than a generic suitcase can offer.
Suitcase Scooter Weight capacity
You will also need to think about the weight capacity of your chosen scooter suitcase. If you have older children, this will be especially important.
The vast majority of scooter suitcases are marketed toward younger children, so you will need to ensure that your chosen kids’ scooter suitcase will be able to support your child’s weight.
Suitcase Scooter Product Weight
If your child wants to be in charge of their new scooter suitcase, you will need to ensure that the product itself does not weigh too much.
This will make it much easier for your child to wheel the suitcase around as needed. They will then be able to carry or pull the suitcase along without assistance, making them feel more independent.
You also want to be sure the suitcase scooter will remain cabin compliant for overhead compartments and fits within airline rules, taking into account both the wheeled scooter and its contents when it comes to weight, not just overall dimensions.
Is your Suitcase Scooter Travel Approved?
Does your child want to keep hold of their scooter suitcase right until they get onto the plane? Then you will need to select a model that has been travel approved!
This will basically mean that your child can bring the suitcase onto the plane with them, where it can then be stored in the overhead bin for the duration of the flight.
Unlike electric scooters, scooter suitcases do not have a battery so you should have no problem with airlines accepting them for carriage.
Suitcase Scooter Ease of Use
You will of course want to opt for a scooter suitcase that will be super easy for your child to use.
- Can the handlebar be adjusted to different heights to make it easier to use?
- Can your child steer the scooter suitcase when they ride it?
- Is it easy to maneuver through the crowd, even when it’s full of clothes and toys?
The easier it will be for your child to use, the more they will love it!
Frequently Asked Questions About Scooter Suitcases
What Is The Best Scooter Suitcase?
The best scooter suitcase for kids are:
- Kiddietotes 3D Hardshell Ride-On Suitcase Scooter for Kids
- Zinc Flyte Unisex Scooter Suitcase
- BATMAN Scooting Suitcase
- iubest Scooter Luggage for Kids
What Is A Scooter Suitcase?
The clue is in the name! A scooter suitcase is a suitcase that features a scooter element that allows you to ride the suitcase around the airport terminal or train station – a hybrid between luggage and transportation!
Suitcase scooters can be used by anyone up to a certain weight limit, but are ideal for kids who want a little bit of entertainment in the airport or whilst traveling. These children’s suitcases with wheels come in all shapes and sizes and are perfect for keeping your kids entertained on their travels.
They are more practical than seated push scooters, designed for smaller children.
Are Scooter Suitcases Allowed In Airports?
The good news is that yes, your scooter suitcase is allowed at the airport! The vast majority of these suitcases have been approved by the TSA.
They can be checked in as luggage for the flight, or if you have a smaller suitcase for your child, they may fit in the overhead compartment during the flight – always check with individual airlines before making your purchase.
If in doubt, you can always check with your airport before your scheduled flight to make sure that you are allowed to bring this type of luggage with you.
What’s the best scooter suitcase for 10-year-old?
Your 10-year-old would best suit a more mature design in a scooter suitcase without the need for novelty characters, but may not be big enough for a more grown-up scooter suitcase. We think the iubest scooter luggage with adjustable height handlebar would be the best choice for tween scooter luggage that will grow with them.
Are there other types of wheeled luggage for kids?
For sure, if you don’t like the idea of riding your luggage around the airport, many of these scooter suitcases can be used as pull-along luggage too. Just like a traditional piece of wheeled luggage for kids, being able to drag a heavier item can be preferable to carrying, depending on your travel circumstances.
For getting through airports, train stations, bus stations, and ferry terminals where the ground is flat, wheeled luggage of any sort is an excellent choice for children.
For more adventurous outdoor travel though; think camping, hiking, or island hopping – you may find a scooter suitcase or wheeled luggage impractical for a child and opt for a kids’ travel backpack or rucksack style of luggage.
Are suitcase scooters electric?
No, all of the brands we have reviewed still rely on good old-fashioned push power.
See exactly how the Kiddietotes Scooter Suitcase works
(Video Courtesy Kidditotes)
© Kids Bike Scoot Skate