Scooters have been around for a very long time, and they’re just as popular with kids, teens, and even adults as they were years ago. There are now various models to pick from, and the market is full of variations on the classic scooter design.
There are scooters specifically built for everything from transportation, to those used specifically for tricks, and the ones most commonly found in skate parks.
Today, we will be looking at the ones designed for skatepark use – that is, your child would like to advance their skills and ability to do tricks with a Pro Scooter.
In this article, you will see the very best skate park scooters you can buy right now. We have also included a buyers guide at the end, so you can easily see all of the essential features that you should look for when buying a scooter designed to be used in a skate park – and why they may differ from your standard 2-wheeled or 3-wheeled scooter.
Best Pro Scooter For Skate Parks: Fuzion X5 Pro Scooter
The X-5 Pro is a well-constructed and manufactured Pro Scooter. It features strong handlebars and a roomier footboard, allowing you to stand comfortably on it. Also, it is extremely maneuverable and speedy, making it excellent for youngsters and teenagers.
If you’re a young rider or a beginner, this Fuzion scooter will appeal to you for a variety of reasons. It has a sturdy and durable build, as well as 100mm wheels fitted as standard (these can be upgraded to 110mm). The nylon bolt brake makes it easy to control the scooter as well.
These brakes, however, may be slightly too hard for children, but with proper oiling, they will become much easier to use.
The X-5 scooter is reasonably priced, and it comes in several colors. As a bonus, there is no assembly required and it may be ridden immediately upon delivery.
Its V-shaped handlebars, lightweight build, and affordable pricing make it an excellent value and one of the best choices for beginners.
The X-5 scooter is made of durable, high-quality components that ensure its longevity. It’s ideal for intermediate riders. The scooter was designed to make learning and performing tricks on it super easy, so you can quickly build your skills with this.
This is an excellent scooter to invest in due to its strong and noise-free brakes.
- Super lightweight – weighing just 7.4lbs, this scooter is very easy to carry and move around. This also helps with performing tricks as well
- V-shaped handles – makes holding on to and controlling the scooter very easy
- No assembly – once this scooter arrives, it’s all ready to ride
- Good for beginners – if your child wants to try out scootering, this is one of the best ones to get them started
- The break is a bit stiff – for younger children, the break may be a bit too hard for them to use. But if oiled well, this problem can be avoided
- Some Pro riders complain that the wheels on this scooter seem to be too big for the frame, as they can cause damage to this part of the scooter. You may need to make repairs if this happens
Also Available At
- GRADE-A COMPONENTS: The PRO X-5 comes equipped with upgrades only found in much higher priced scooters. Lightweight, durable and dialed right out of the box. With only three bolts to tighten, you can...
- ALL NEW UPGRADED SPECS: 19.5" L x 4” W aircraft-grade aluminum deck, new FUZION 100mm 5-spoke aluminum core wheels with cast PU, high tensile steel reinforced V-bars, and FUZION’s new nylon/steel...
- DURABLE AND DIALED THREADLESS HEADSET: New super smooth IHC compression system with sealed bearings and FUZION’s brand-new 3D-stamped steel FAZE fork.
- 6061 ALUMINUM CORE WHEELS: FUZION 5-spoke 6061 aluminum core wheels with high rebound cast PU designed for speed and control.
- EFFORTLESS ASSEMBLY: Only three bolts to tighten - you can start riding in no time at all. Dialed and ready to ride right out of the box.
Most Durable Skate Park Scooter: Xspec Pro Stunt Kick Trick Scooter
If you are looking for a super durable scooter, then the Xspec Pro will be the one for you.
While riding this scooter, the non-slip surface keeps you from tripping or falling off. Also, the scooter has anti-abrasive and anti-shock qualities, which protects the wheels of the scooter, giving it a longer lifespan.
This is an amazing pro scooter for younger riders such as teens and young adults who are interested in performing tricks in the park.
It has a lightweight and robust aluminum frame that can handle any trick, as well as a built-in metal fender brake that allows for effortless stopping.
The BMX handlebars provide exceptional grip and control when riding the scooter. These handlebars have TPR rubber for added grip. The top deck of the Xspec Pro is equipped with a non-slip surface that enhances grip and absorbs stress.
It is a robust and well-balanced scooter and can support up to 220 pounds easily.
The Xspec Pro is well-built and sturdy, stable, and comes standard with excellent handlebars for maximum control and comfort.
The scooter’s aluminum frame enables it to withstand any trick thrown at it, and the braking mechanism lets it stop instantly, making riding this scooter very safe.
- Super durable – everything about this scooter was built to last, from the frame to the handlebars, and the deck, the Xspec Pro can handle any knocks, bumps, and drops that are thrown at it.
- Very good at shock absorption – when jumping into the bowl at the skate park, the last thing you want is to feel the shock of the landing in your legs. With this scooter, the wheels are very shock-absorbent, making it very comfortable to ride
- BMX handlebars – these give you extra control, while also being comfortable to hold
- Assembly is difficult – unfortunately, you have to assemble this scooter yourself. The hardest part is the handlebars, as it is very difficult to get them on straight.
- Handlebars shift – once the handlebars are on, they tend to shift a bit, so you will have to adjust them often
Also Available At
- Made from strong, light weight 6061 aluminum frame that could withstand many tricks and landings. Built in metal flex fender brake to stop at will.
- The handlebars are sturdy and built to ensure optimal control and ease while performing tricks. The hand grips are covered in quality rubber for added comfort. The scooter measures 31" from the ground...
- The top of the deck has a non-slip surface to ensure the user will always have a solid grip on the feet.
- The wheels are made of anti-abrasive, shock-absorbing, high rebounding 4.25" extra strength 86A high rebound PU wheels, which allow for a smooth, safe riding experience with drastic improvement in...
- Note: Weight limit is 220 lbs. Recommend age: 8 +. Comes with 3 Pieces: Handle bar, deck and allen wrench for easy assembly.
Best Value Skate Park Scooter: Arcade Pro Stunt Scooter
Both kids and young adults love the Arcade Stunt Scooter. The scooter is incredibly durable and has a very well-built frame that won’t crack under the pressure of intense riding.
The wheel bearings are incredibly smooth, which reduces wear and tear and guarantees the scooter lasts a long time without breaking down.
This pro scooter is quite popular due to its strong and sturdy construction. It has a solid deck, robust 3D-created forks, a custom neck, and an eye-catching design. This Arcade scooter is ideal for beginners and professionals alike.
Your youngster will be able to glide about easily thanks to the lightning-fast brakes and smooth wheels. It comes in a range of colors, including black, red, gold, and blue.
No matter what color you choose, once the scooter arrives you can instantly enjoy it because it does not require assembly.
Compared to other similar scooters, on the market, the Arcade Pro Stunt is very affordable, making it a popular choice to be bought as a gift.
Overall, this Arcade scooter features a long deck, making it perfect for both teenagers and adults. It is durable and long-lasting, with an excellent build and a great design, all at an affordable price, making it an excellent choice.
- Good for beginners – if you or your child want to try scootering for the first time, this is one of the best options to go for
- Handlebar height good for everyone – This should make riding this scooter more comfortable for you
- Wide deck – this makes it easier for you to ride this scooter, while also keeping you stable
- Heavy – this scooter may be too heavy for younger kids to do tricks on it. Older teens and adults may not have this issue though
- Low down – the scooter is quite low to the floor, so you may scratch up the bottom as you ride
- BUILT TOUGH: What do kids love most about the Arcade Defender stunt scooter? They can ride it hard just like their heroes! And parents? It’s one of the safest entry-level trick scooters around! And...
- A STABLE, QUIET GLIDE: You can’t glide with sticky bearings. Most entry-level kick scooters feature lousy non-rated bearings, but the Arcade Defender is fitted with ABEC-7. We also wrapped our...
- THE COOLEST KID AT THE PARK: While everyone else rattles around on other scooters, your kids will be whizzing around on their Arcade scooter with its fresh graphics, smooth wheels and responsive...
- DIALED TO RIDE: We’ve heard the stories too, stunt scooters arriving damaged! So, the Arcade scooter comes securely packaged to avoid disappointment. When it arrives, the only thing you need to do...
- PRO SERVICE: With over a decade in scooter design – we bring you, the Arcade Defender Pro Stunt Scooter! It’s a lightweight 7.5lbs scooter equipped with 22.5” high T-bar, built for beginners and...
Best Pro Scooter for Beginners: Fuzion X-3 Pro Scooter
Fuzion scooters make another appearance on this list, showing how good their range of scooters is. This scooter is guaranteed to give you one of the smoothest rides out there.
The overall quality of the handlebar and frame on the X-3 is rather strong, especially for the price. The scooter comes with two Allen wrenches, which enables you to quickly and easily replace the wheels if they are damaged, making it an extremely good value.
The Fuzion X3 is one of the most advanced scooters available today. This is an excellent ride for anyone looking for an exceptionally lightweight scooter design with a robust frame and high-quality components. For greater stability and control, it has an aircraft-grade aluminum deck and high tensile steel V-bars.
Additionally, it features a nylon brake pad and a sturdy build. The sealed headset and threadless fork of this scooter provide smooth operation, allowing you to do your tricks with ease.
This is one of the best all-around pro scooters on the market. It is lightweight, which makes it easy for riders to pick up fundamental methods fast, and it also features a one-step assembly procedure.
Given the high quality of this product, you will love how inexpensive it is compared to some others on the market. This is a scooter that can do everything you need and much more.
- Very lightweight – weighing just 8 pounds in total, it will be very hard to find a scooter lighter than this
- High-quality build and materials – using aircraft grade materials, the X-3 is a super high-quality and durable scooter
- Easy to use – the X-3 has been designed to make learning tricks very easy, so it is perfect for both beginners and those who want to learn a few more tricks
- Wheels wear down – with a lot of use, the wheels on the X-3 will wear down. However, this can be swapped out very easily, which is a lot cheaper than buying a whole new scooter
Also Available At
- FUZION PRO X-3 - AMERICA’S CHOICE: Top selling pro scooter on Amazon. The PRO X-3 is lightweight, durable, and fitted with top-of-the-line components. FUZION Pro X-3 comes equipped with upgrades...
- UPGRADED SPECS: Aircraft-grade aluminum deck, high tensile steel V-bars, 100mm cast PU wheels with FUZION-metalized ABS composite cores, and durable, noise-free nylon/steel FUZION-custom brake.
- EASY PROGRESSION: The PRO X-3 is designed for entry-level riders to help them build their skills while they advance to the next level.
- DURABLE AND DIALED THREADLESS HEADSET: New IHC compression system with sealed bearings and FUZION’s new 3D-stamped steel FAZE fork.
- EFFORTLESS ASSEMBLY: Only three bolts to tighten - you can start riding in no time at all. Dialed and ready to ride right out of the box.
Skate Park Scooters Buyers Guide
If you are buying a Pro Scooter for the first time, there are certain things that you need to look out for that show the quality of the product.
Here are some features that you should be paying attention to when buying a scooter, particularly when your child is interested in doing tricks and using their 2-wheeled scooter at the skate park.
Size Of The Deck
A well-fitting deck improves the ride and enables you to do tricks with more ease. A wider deck, measuring 19 inches x 4 inches (length x width) is one of the most secure decks out there and is the most common size on scooters.
A deck that is either too small or too large may cause instability, which is particularly dangerous since it may cause the rider to fall more often.
Whether buying for yourself or your child, a good way to get the right size deck for you is to use your shoe size as a guide. You can measure this against the deck to ensure that you can fit on the scooter securely.
Size Of Bar
The majority of professional scooters feature a 20-inch bar width and a 20-inch height. To get the appropriate height, know that the bar should be about the height of the rider’s waist or the peak of their hip when standing on the deck of the scooter.
If the scooter bar is too high, then your child will have a hard time controlling the scooter as they ride.
You also have to consider the width of the bar when looking at scooters. A narrow bar allows you to accomplish more technical maneuvers such as the bar spin, but a broader bar does not let you do this. When buying for a child, however, you do not want the bars wider than their shoulders.
The fork on a scooter is the integral component that connects the deck, bar, and front wheel. On a store-bought scooter, you will have the fork already included as part of the scooter.
Pro Scooters who are constructing their own rides will need to consider the right size fork to fit the bars and wheels of their choice. the strongest type is the threadless fork.
Pro Scooter Wheels
There are two factors to look at when considering pro scooter wheels; the size and material.
The wheel size on the pro scooters is an important factor to consider. Generally speaking, pro scooter wheels range from 100mm to 125mm in diameter. You’ll need wheels that not only fit the fork of your scooter but what you want your scooter to do.
The larger the wheel, the faster your scooter will go.
When it comes to materials – yes, you want your ride to look cool and aesthetically pleasing, but more importantly, durable.
Most wheels are made of a Urethane outer for speed, but the core can be made from plastic or metal. The metal core wheels will be more durable for stunts and tricky maneuvers.
Bearings are the seven or eight balls in the center of your wheels. These are identified by ABEC numbers that reflect the degree of precision with which they are created, such as AEBC-2, ABEC-1, etc. The higher the number, the more precise the bearings.
After each use, you do not need to clean the bearings, but you may dry and clean them if they are a bit wet. Additionally, avoid lubricating these bearings since harmful contaminants can form and attach to the surface, posing a health risk to the rider.
This is the lingo we started to get lost in when purchasing our first skate park scooter! But trust us, the compression system is crucial. it maintains stability between the deck, bars, and fork. If this connection isn’t stable, it can lead to your child quickly damaging their scooter.
Beware cheap scooters that use a threaded compression system that is considered less durable; if your kid wants to get serious with their skate park scooter, look for scooters with an inverted compression system, standard compression system, or hidden internal compression system.
Stunt scooters for kids typically range from $50-$150 in price. Like with everything kids toys, you get what you pay for with scooters. If you buy a less costly item, keep in mind that it may break after a short time because it will be of lesser quality.
This may be disappointing for both child and parent, which is why it’s a good idea to look for a skate park scooter that is well-built and has a reputation for using high-quality materials. Choose an attractive model at a reasonable price, but not too low.
Frequently Asked Questions About Stunt Scooters
What Size Pro Scooter Should I Get?
There are many sized scooters available. To get the right size for you you need to consider your child’s height and shoe size to make sure that you can fit on it. It is best to head to a store and try a few scooters on for size to see which size suits you best.
This is a good video guide from Scoot Hut on the best size scooter to look for:
How Much Should My Scooter Weigh?
The best scooters for stunts are lightweight as these are the best ones to use when performing tricks in the skatepark. You can find some that weigh as little as 8lbs.
Are Scooters Allowed at Skate Parks?
We think the answer to this often lies in whether you are camp skateboard or scooter!
Whilst both skateboarders and scooters are great fun to use at a skateboarding park, scooter riders often lack the awareness and skills that skateboarders have gained and can be viewed by many as a nuisance.
If you’re taking your kid to the skate park with their new scooter for the first time, make sure their aware of skate park etiquette, giving way on obstacles and checking their surroundings.
Most parks will allow both scooters and skateboards to be used but do check with your local skate park to see if any specific rules are stipulated on what types of gear you can use.
Do you need a helmet with a skate park scooter?
Even if not specifically stated in the park rules, it should go without saying a scooter helmet is essential; even if your child no longer wears a scooter playing at home or on the footpaths, a skatepark is a different ball game, with the Irish of regularly taking a spill much, much higher.
We’d actually recommend you look at a dual certified skateboarding helmet, designed for multiple impacts in preference to a traditional scooter helmet. You can learn more about skateboarding helmet safety standards (ASTM F1492-15) here.
Can Pro Scooters fold?
The lightweight design of a scooter designed to do tricks means that it does not have a folding mechanism, these type of scooters are made not to be adjustable.
What age is good to start using Pro Scooters?
Given the narrow, two-wheel design, pro scooters are not recommended until at least 6 years of age. Many models specify recommended from 8 years of age.
Can my child use a standard scooter at a skatepark?
Whilst theoretically possible, yes, they will struggle with getting their speed up and performing tricks if their scooter is too heavy and not designed to perform tricks.
© Kids Bike Scoot Skate