Bike bells are not just a way for kids to let people know that they’re nearby, but they can also be a fashion statement. They can be a way of personalizing their bikes and this can give them the pride of their bike and make it feel more like it’s theirs.
The thing is, there are so many bike bells out there on the market and there are several things to think about when you’re planning to buy one for your kid.
To make it more simple, we’ve written this handy guide with our top picks for bike bells and what to think about when it comes to clicking that buy button!
So, if you’re looking for a bike bell for your kid – here’s what you need to know!
If you’re interested in style, safety, and sound – these bike bells tick all the boxes. These stylish bike bells have been designed specifically for cruiser bicycles, and they come in many designs and colors.
They’re easy to install, easy to hear, and they’re made from quality materials. They’re also available in multiple sizes and colors – a true classic bike bell.
- Quality materials
- Multiple color options
- Consistent volume
- There are no pictures on the bell, just a solid color
- 90 DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - We are so sure you’ll be happy with your purchase that we offer a 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee to ensure customer satisfaction of our products. If for any reason you...
- SAFETY – Increases safety by allowing you to announce your approach to other cyclists and pedestrians.
- STYLE – Attractive 66mm dome to match or compliment your bicycle. Choose between 21 stylish colors for men's, women’s, girl’s and boy's bikes.
- INSTALLATION – Quickly and easily installs on most bicycles with the use of a standard Philips screwdriver. Compatible with most standard sized handlebars (about 22.2mm).
- SOUND – Fun and unique “Ding Dong“ sound.
For your road bikers and mountain bikers, this small but effective bike bell from Greallthy is an excellent choice that won’t clutter your handlebars, or accidentally ding when you hit rough terrain.
Fitting handlebars between 22.2 and 25.4 mm, this bell will work with pretty much any standard kids’ bike. There’s protective padding around the bell’s clasp so it won’t damage your kids’ bike.
- Works for both left-handed and right-handed riders
- Easy to install
- Crisp, loud sound
- Wide range of stylish colors
- Some users say they prefer the more “classic” bell sound, this makes a higher pitch “cling” sound, though it’s still very audible
For any lover of Spider-Man, this kid’s bike bell is ideal! The web-slinger’s prominent design appears clearly over the bell, and it fits on most bikes – even scooters!
It’s recommended to fit right-handed bikers, but you can choose the left if you wish. It’s easy to ring and simple to fit. What could be better for any young Marvel fan who rides a bike?
- Ideal for Spider-Man fans
- Easy to install
- Fits on most bikes
- May not be suitable for left-handed riders
If your younger kid is looking to brighten up their bike and make it look super cool, then this is a great choice! This bell is waterproof and rust-resistant, so you’re getting longevity with your purchase.
It’s easy to install and easy to see – so not only will it take you moments to put it on, you’ll see it throughout its life!
- Easy to see
- Easy to fit
- Many color options
- Only fits a maximum of 22.5mm handlebars, may rule out some larger bicycles
- A new twist-top bell in I-mac colors
- Comes in 5 translucent colors, lets the inside of the bell be seen
- Fits handlebars with 21mm - 22.5mm (.83 inches - 89 inches) outside diameters
- Dome diameter: 1.9 inches
If your kid likes flowers, then check out the cool and colorful variety of flower bike bells offered by Paliston!
The sound is crisp and clear, and it should take only one minute to install on your child’s bike. There are little downsides to this attractive bike bell marketed to younger girls!
- Lots of floral designs to choose from
- Colorful and appealing to young children
- Quick installation
- Loud and clear
- You can buy in a pack including handlebar streamers
- Not suitable for kids that do not like flowers! Remember even little girls can outgrow everything pink and pretty, it could have a limited lifespan
- 🔔Ring ring! This nice flower bell issues a crisp and clean sound while using.
- 😊Suitable for 22mm / 0.866in diameter children's bike handle bar.
- ⚙️1 MINUTE to complete installation. Just tighten the screw on the handle bar with a screwdriver.
- ❤️Safety Matters. Bicycle bell is a requirement for your kid while cycling.
- ✔️It's a nice decoration for your bike. Also great as a gift!
Exactly as it says! If you’re looking for that classic bike bell look and sound you can’t go wrong with this stylish selection from THINKNOW.
Made with high-quality anti-rust and anti-aging alloy, and designed in such a way to fit a wide variety of bicycle handles, this is one of the most versatile bell choices for a kids’ bike.
- Easy to install
- Fits a wide range of handlebars from 22.2 mm to 28.6mm
- Made with quality materials to last
- Suits right hand only
- Lacks a lot of color variety
Whilst most kid’s bike bells on the market are designed for those who are right-handed, fear not! Your left-hand dominant child won’t miss out with these cute shiny bike bells from Mini-Factory being purposefully designed with the left-hander in mind.
Made to fit bikes with handlebars 21mm – 23mm, this will be a great choice on most types of bikes road bikes and mountain bikes.
- The perfect bell for a left-handed child
- Easy to install
- Obviously designed with a left-hander in mind they won’t be comfortable for a right-hander to use.
- Lound crisp and clean sound, deliver ringtone to be heard clear which make the riding much safer cycling on the road.
- Made of high quality aluminum and plastic material, Designed for road bikes, mountain bikes, kids bike, cruiser etc.
- Special design for left-hand use, excellent bicycle accessories for Bike adults and kid.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Fits for bicycles handlebar with diameter 21mm - 23mm.Easy to install. Just tighten the screw on the handle bar with a screwdriver.
- Color: Blue, Package included 1 X aluminum bike bell - left-hand use only.
Looking for something completely different and very noticeable?
If you’re looking for an easy-to-install and easily heard bike horn – then look no further than this type of bugle bike horn from Coolrunner!
It’s super loud and very durable as well. This is definitely one of the best options for kids who want to express themselves through their bike – and have people know they’re on their way.
This horn is a good size for most bike frames, and it comes in a wide array of colors!
- Easy to install
- Many color choices
- Some kids may prefer a bell or a different design
- MATERIAL: Polished stainless steel is non-fading, durable and weather resistant, does not readily corrode, or rust and the rubber ball is soft for using, prevents scratching.
- HORN SIZE: Length-18cm(7.0"); Horn ball diameter - 5.5cm(2.2"); Metal mouth - 7.3cm(2.9"). Mounting dimensions: Handlebar diameter - 2.22 cm(0.87").
- EASY TO INSTALL: Just use a hex key/screwdriver(not included) to tighten the screws, easy to install and remove from the handle bar of a bike.
- SAFE AND LOUDLY: Clear the way with a distinctive honk by squeezing the rubber ball on the horn, the unmistakable sound lets everyone know you're coming.
- This classic retro bicycle bell is universal for any vehicles as Golf Carts, Boats, RV's, Bicycles, Motorcycles, etc. Customize your bike the way you want for making a great attraction on your...
Does The Bell Fit On Your Kid’s Bike?
Perhaps the most obvious thing to think about is whether the bike bell actually fits on your kid’s bike.
If you have an older bike then chances are it will already have a bell attached. But if you have a newer bike then you’ll probably want to check first whether there’s room in the handlebars for a bell.
Older bikes will still have the option to remove their original bell, so don’t worry too much about this. What you need to look at is the mounting clamp.
This is where the bell attaches itself to the bars, and it should fit snugly enough that you won’t lose it while riding.
If the bell doesn’t fit properly, then you may need to get some spacers to help it sit correctly. You can find these online easily, or you could ask your local bike shop to do it for you.
What Kind Of Bell Should I Buy?
There are two main types of bike bells: those that clip onto the frame and those that attach directly to the bars.
Clip-ons are usually cheaper than barbells, but they tend to come off quickly as well. If you’re worried about losing your bell, then go for a clip-on. However, if you’d prefer something that stays put, then a barbell might be better.
You’ll also need to remember if your kid is right or left-handed. Some manufacturers will create bells specifically for left-handed riders, so always look out for this.
Which One Is Better?
It all depends on how old your child is and how often he/she rides his/her bike. A younger child who only uses the bike occasionally will probably benefit from a clip-on bell. As they grow up, however, they’ll start using the bike more regularly and the clip-on will become less effective.
A barbell will stay in place longer and will therefore work better as your child gets older. It’s also easier to replace a broken bell than a clip-on.
How Quickly Can I Install The Bell?
You’ll certainly be wanting a bell that is fast to install to allow your kid back out on their bike as quickly as possible.
The best way to test one out is to buy a few bells and try them out yourself. In general, most bells are easy to fit onto your kid’s bike, but you’ll want to check the notes from the manufacturer just in case. Along with that, remember the basics.
Look for ones with a loud tone and good volume. Make sure that the bell has a sturdy mount and that it feels comfortable when you hold it.
Bell V Horn
Some kids will prefer a honking horn. They’re fun to use and provide a more likable sound to some kids. However, using a horn will mean your child will likely have to move their hand away from the handlebar and this can mean losing balance and control of the bike.
You can always add a second bell to your kid’s bike, which means that they won’t even need to take their hands off the handlebars.
There’s not usually a large difference in price for these either, so don’t worry too much about this if you’re weighing the two up.
Does Price Affect The Quality?
The quality of your kid’s bell will depend entirely on the brand. There are plenty of cheap bells out there, but you’ll pay for them in other ways.
For example, you’ll end up paying more for a lower quality bell because it will break sooner.
So, when buying a bell for your kid, make sure that you choose one with good reviews and high customer ratings.
How Do I Know Which Brand To Choose?
For starters, you should consider the age range of your child. Next, you should think about what kind of style your child likes. Some like loud bells, others like quiet ones.
Finally, you should consider the type of bike that your child has. Some children like to ride BMX bikes, whereas others prefer road bikes.
In addition to this, you should also consider the cost of each bell. We’ve mentioned before that bells aren’t expensive, but you shouldn’t buy a cheap one just because it’s cheap.
This way, you’ll know that you’re getting a quality product, and you won’t regret spending money on it later.
Are There Any Other Types Of Bike Accessories That Are Important?
Yes! Here are some other accessories that you should keep an eye out for:
- Helmet – This is essential for any cyclist. Your helmet protects your head from injury and helps you avoid accidents.
- Pump – Pumping your tires up ensures that you get maximum traction and prevents flat tires.
- Tire Tubes – These prevent flats by keeping the air inside your tire.
- Tire Chains – These help you stop your bike while riding through mud or sand.
- Reflective Clothing – Reflective clothing makes you visible at night and during low light conditions.
- Lights – Lights ensure that you can be seen, and you can see in front of you!
Bike bells are not only a fun inclusion on your child’s bike but an important safety feature that they will need to learn how to safely and efficiently use.
Remember to think about design and sound, your child’s preferred hand, and how quickly you can install it – along with the basics – and you’ll be fine!
© Kids Bike Scoot Skate